See the post below this one to read about the importance of fluency.
Choose the prompts that work for you and your child:
- Are you listening to yourself?
- Did it sound good?
- Let’s put ‘here comes’ together quickly.
- Can you read this quickly?
- Put all the words together so that it sounds like talking.
- How would you say that?
- Make it sound like …..(a favourite book read well).
- Read it all smoothly.
- Make your voice go down at the end of the sentence.
- Make your voice go up at the end of the question.
- Change your voice when you see these marks on the page. (! ? “ “)
- Can you talk in a little voice like Baby Bear?
- How would you sound if you were …. (cross, scared, excited, laughing etc.)?
Click on the picture of the boy reading if you wish to view a YouTube video about fluency.