Reports

report writingI don’t know who created this version of Mona Lisa but it accurately sums up report writing time! It might be a very busy time, but it is also a time of reflection and celebration. I never cease to be amazed at how much progress the students have made when l  look back at their earliest records and compare them with their most recent achievements.

There is also some extra learning that will need to happen before the end of the year and l am always hopeful that there will be enough time…

I recently met with my Reading Recovery tutor and a colleague to plan our last professional development session for the year. Part of it will be sharing the ways that we report to parents, classroom teachers and the school council, and we will discuss ways of improving our communication. I hope that you know that you do not have to wait for a written report to find out how your children are going. I catch up with some of you as we pass in the corridor. You are always welcome to drop by before school for a chat.

Meanwhile, back to writing reports ….